Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ants In My Pants!


October 10, 2012

I had just gone to my happy place of dreams and rest when I felt something crawling up my legs. I brushed off the feeling as just another bug. There are tons of bugs here! Mr. Waid has a saying: if you think there is something crawling on you, there probably is. Blatantly, I ignored this thought as I pressed harder toward dreamland. Then all of a sudden I felt it. Little balls of fire erupted in various places all along my legs. I sat up straight and grabbed my headlamp to look under my sheets and there they were. Little monsters wearing red: ants. Ugh. The ants had been everywhere in my room and apartment up to this point, but never in the sacred space of my bed and they decided to choose this "opportune" moment of peaceful sleep to enter into it. Oh! I was not happy. Instead of picking each one out one by one and killing them (which I so badly wanted to do), I rippped off my sheets and threw them across the room. Going to the beareau in the front of the apartment I was thankful it possessed a plethora of sheets and I plucked a clean set of green, deciding against the red ones in defiance of the little monster's uniforms, and stretched them across my bare bed. "Tomorrow is the day I find bug spray and end this little charade once and for all," I schemed to myself. You see, those little monsters had already found their way into my sealed ziplock bag of dark chocolate and had feasted on my Ghiradeli bar. Violating two of my sacred possessions was enough! Lesson one learned of being a SM: always, always, ALWAYS bring bug spray with you. Lesson two: put your dark chocolate in something more secure than a ziplock bag...like a bear canister!

No comments:

Post a Comment