Thursday, October 11, 2012

Smiles

October 8, 2012

My heart is gone. It is officially stolen as of today by these children. Their bashful smiles is what gets me every time. During worship when I am leading guitar I try to make eye contact with a few of the smaller children and give them a smile and they first look down then they look up and reflect my expression with a small hint of shyness in their eyes. Or, when a group of the older children are gathered around me as I sit on the edge of the tree planter, each one trying to hold onto part of my hand or arms, I will look into each of their faces and give them the biggest smile I can muster and they giggle and reflect my expression in return. Oh! My heart is gone forever! The younger girls love to come and put their hands over my eyes while I try to pick them up and tickle them which causes them to scream and giggle with abandonment. I like to imagine these are the sounds that will fill heaven one day. Bangla Hope feels like a little piece of heaven. Not everything here is perfect or exactly how it should be, but there are definitely large pockets of goodness here and I enjoy living here and experiencing these little humans and their unique characteristics. Each day is a new day to discover and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment