Sunday, February 17, 2013

Awakening

Laying words down on loose pages is a re-centering action for my hands and heart. Writing gives clarity and washes away all the muddled thoughts to where I can see what really is important in this life I'm walking through, because that's the thing, we're all just walking through towards a beautiful awakening. But, I firmly believe we're already being called to wake to the love messages of our Waker everywhere!

Days go by where all I want to do is lay on my bed and read a thought-provoking book and soak in the words of an author who leads me by the hand in ways they have been awakened. By reading I'm hoping to vicariously live their awakened journeys and yet, I have my very own beautiful awakening to experience if only I would get off my bed and see it! So, I get up and press on.

A flood is springing from long blue pipes, refreshing the ground. Sitting on the edge of the courtyard I wait with knees tucked under chin for those precious brown eyes to open. Slowly, little feet step into the light of the afternoon and hands rub the darkness away from drooping eyelids. I smile as I watch those brown eyes take in the scene of this flood in their own front yard. Thirty minutes pass and I am no longer alone, but little feet swing freely as they line the perimeter of the courtyard watching. No one is yelling, but we're mesmerized by the flooding of this yard. A flood bringing life to the earth beneath. A flood awakening my soul to be still and know the gifts in these brown swinging feet around.

Water falls from the sky and it's 6:30 am and I am out of my bed fast as I run up the steps to the roof and just stand. Drops trickle down my joyous cheeks and I am awake! Five months and the earth has been dry. Today, the earth was awakened to life once again and Jesus is alive in this beautiful awakening for He gave it. I soak it into my core far past where the rain has soaked its way into my dry skin. This is a moment of awakening. Awakening is always an option when belief is held in a personal Creator, our Elohim.

"Thank me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still...quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you. Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me. Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms."

- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

*Elohim is the Hebrew name for addressing God as personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment